Art in the Atrium, Inc. (ATA), a non-profit volunteer arts organization founded in Morris County, New Jersey, is celebrating 29 years as a champion of Black art excellence. Since its inception, ATA has proudly exhibited fine art from the African diaspora in venues throughout northern New Jersey.
Our annual exhibition, the largest of its kind in the state of New Jersey, has been a successful showcase of art by emerging and established artists. In 2001 and again in 2016 the organization was named "Arts Organization of the Year" by Morris Arts and ATA annually awards a scholarship to a promising visual arts student.
In 2020, ATA pivoted to an online art gallery to support ATA’s mission and raise funds to support the scholarship program. In the first week of the virtual art show, ATA made an astounding $20,000 in art sales. The virtual art gallery is viewable at artintheatrium.org.
ATA wants to ensure that Black artists continue to thrive despite these trying times which is why ATA will continue to offer opportunities for virtual exhibitions and programming. As such, we are proud to announce the 2021 ATA exhibition and sale, Into the Light featuring mixed-media artist, Rosalind Nzinga Nichol. The show will be online from Juneteenth (June 19) until October 22, 2021.
You are invited to participate in the annual ATA art show by submitting three to five images of your work for possible inclusion.
Submission requirements are as follows:
- Artists should submit work consistent with the theme, Into the Light, that reflects the events of 2020 or other works of their choice
- Artwork must be available for sale and the work can be sold as framed or unframed
- The artist must provide a minimum of three or more high resolution photos of their artwork that shows a full view of the work and detail shots or alternate views
- Images of the art must be a minimum 1920 pixels on the longest side, or 5" x 7" (approx.) at 300 dpi to meet the requirements of the virtual platform
- Images of the artwork must be submitted by April 30, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line - Into the Light to be considered
Because this is a virtual art show, the artists will be responsible for shipping and/or arranging pick-up for any work sold. The purchaser will be responsible for reasonable shipping costs.
For additional information about ATA, or to learn how you can become involved, please email email@example.com or call 973-540-0615.
Into The Light 2021 Curators
Rosalind Nzinga Nichol
Stephanie D. Taylor
Art in the Atrium, Inc.,
P.O. Box 9158
Morristown, NJ 07963-9158
Phone: (973) 540-0615